Grounded Therapy Notice of Privacy Practices
Who We Are:
Grounded Therapy is a telehealth practice dedicated to providing individualized mental health care with a focus on empathy, accessibility, and continued learning. We serve clients in California, Minnesota, and Utah.
How Your Health Information is Used or Disclosed:
For Treatment: We use your health information to provide you with personalized care and coordinate your treatment with other health care providers.
For Payment: Your health information is used to bill and receive payment from you, your insurance company, or other entities.
For Health Care Operations: We use your information to improve the quality of care we provide, for administrative purposes, and to evaluate the performance of our staff.
Strict HIPAA Compliance: We manage all client information in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This includes implementing safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your information, ensuring that disclosures are limited to the minimum necessary, and maintaining strict confidentiality protocols.
- Confidentiality Protocols: Our staff are trained in HIPAA compliance and are committed to handling your health information with the highest degree of confidentiality and care.
- Security Measures: We employ robust physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your health information.
- Limited Disclosure: Any disclosure of your health information is strictly limited to what is necessary for treatment, payment, healthcare operations, or as required by law.
Who We Share Your Data With:
- Insurance providers for billing purposes.
- Legal entities, if required by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities.
- Third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users.
Our electronic health records (EHR) system, SimplePractice, retains client data according to its data retention policy. Please consult SimplePractice.com for detailed information.
Your Rights Over Your Data:
You have the right to request access to, correction of, or deletion of your personal data. This does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where Your Data is Sent:
- Shared with insurance providers for billing.
- Disclosed when legally required, such as for compliance with a subpoena or other legal processes.
We collect data shown in comments you leave on our site, including your IP address and browser user agent string, for spam detection.
Embedded Content from Other Websites:
Content on our site (e.g., videos, images, articles) from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How to File a Complaint over our Privacy Practices:
If you think we may have violated your privacy rights, you may:
- File a complaint with our privacy officer: Matt Bonds, 374 N Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024, firstname.lastname@example.org
- File a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by:
1. Sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201;
2. Calling 1 -877 -696 -6775; or,
3. Visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints
We will not retaliate against you if you file a complaint about our privacy practices.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS NOTICE: December 29th, 2021